The Seattle-King County Advisory Council for Aging & Disability Services is a dedicated volunteer citizens group which represents older adults and individuals with disabilities within our community.
Our mission is to:
- Identify the needs of older people and adults with disabilities in our community;
- Advise on services to meet these needs; and
- Advocate for local, state and national programs that promote quality of life for these populations.
Our role as Advisory Council Members is to:
- Advise and guide Aging and Disability Services of Seattle/King County in providing services;
- Advocate on behalf of older adults and individuals with disabilities;
- Monitor, evaluate, and comment upon all policies, programs, hearings, levies, and community actions which will affect older adults and individuals with disabilities;
- Form coalitions and work in cooperation with other agencies, organizations, and individuals to achieve our mutual goals.
Area Agency on Aging (AAA) Advisory Councils are mandated by the Older Americans Act of 1965 as part of the Aging Network. Advisory Councils provide the key link between the community and the AAA in communicating the needs and concerns of older persons.
- Read the bylaws for more information about the work of the council.
- AgeWise King County, the ADS Advisory Council e-newsletter. For a free subscription, click here.