Day-long Conference for Family and In-Home Care Providers
Family caregivers and in-home care providers are invited to attend “Giving Care, Taking Care,” a day-long conference on Monday, June 5, 2017 in Tukwila, Washington. The event is hosted by Aging and Long-Term Support Administration, Full Life Care, and Pierce County Community Connections/Aging and Disability Resources, with the support of numerous community organizations.
This year’s keynote speaker is Jane Tornatore, PhD, a speaker and therapist who will share humor, stories, and insights on caring for ourselves as we care for others, and discuss how we can eliminate unnecessary stress and gain more happiness for both partners.
Caregivers can choose from 16 workshops and visit over 40 exhibitors with resource information about products and services that assist caregivers in Washington state. Caregivers will have the opportunity to meet with agency representatives and learn where and how they can get the help they need.
Workshop titles include:
- Aging Parents: When to Worry
- Right to Risk: Balancing Independence and Safety
- Dementia Basics
- Essential Legal Documents
- Reducing Stress
- How to Talk about End of Life Choices
This conference is intended for caregivers, including:
- Family caregivers (spouses, adult children, parents of adults with disabilities, or other relatives)
- Home care workers and adult day services staff
- Adult family home or assisted living staff
- Social service or mental health professionals who work with family caregivers
The early registration fee (by May 15) for individual caregivers is $30. Scholarships are available for unpaid family caregivers. The early registration fee for agency-based caregivers is $50. Fees include workshops, lunch, and resource exhibits.
Registration forms will be available in April. At that time, don’t delay, as space is limited. For more information or to receive a full brochure and registration materials, call 1-800-422-3263 or 360-725-2544 or visit http://tinyurl.com/GivingCareTakingCare.