Area Plan on Aging: Update Process
The Area Plan on Aging is written every four years and updated bi-annually.
2012–2015 Area Plan Update
Aging and Disability Services (ADS) is currently updating the existing plan for 2014 and 2015. The public review and comment period regarding the draft recommendations for the 2014 discretionary reductions and the 2014–2015 Area Plan on Aging proposed objectives extends from July 22 to August 5, 2013.
Following are pertinent documents:
- Memo re: Public Comment Period (Jesse Eller, Director, Aging and Disability Services)
- 2014–2015 Area Plan Proposed Revised Objectives
- Report Card: Area Plan on Aging for Seattle-King County 2012–2015
You are invited to attend a public hearing regarding the draft documents on Monday, August 5 (10:00 a.m.), hosted by the ADS Advisory Council's Planning and Allocations Committee. The hearing will be held at the Bellevue City Hall (450 110th Avenue NE, in downtown Bellevue), near the Bellevue Transit Center. For directions, click here.
For more information, contact ADS planner Karen Winston at email@example.com.
2012–2015 Area Plan Development
The development process for the 2012–2015 Area Plan on Aging included:
- Research and community input to inform the content,
- Public review of the draft plan, and
- State review and acceptance.
Research & Community Input
To guide the development of the plan,
- Focus on the Future Forum: Innovations for Accountable Care was held on April 6, 2011.
- Community Input - results from community survey (440 respondents) and focus groups (held at six ethnic meal sites, 173 particpants).
ADS hosted three public hearings to accept comments on both the draft plan and the proposed 2012 discretionary allocation:
- August 4, 2011 at Kent Senior Center
- August 8, 2011 at Douglass Truth Library
- August 9, 2011 at Bellevue City Hall
The public review period concluded August 9, 2011 and comments were incorprorated into the revised draft plan.
Following the public review process, ADS submitted the draft plan to the State Unit on Aging for their review. The plan was accepted and approved by the State in December and is effective January 1, 2012.
2008–2011 Area Plan Development
The research and public input process included for the 2008–2011 Area Plan on Aging for King County included:
For more information about the Area Plan development process, contact ADS planner Karen Winston at firstname.lastname@example.org.