Area Plan on Aging: Update Process
The Area Plan on Aging is written every four years and updated bi-annually.
2014–2015 Area Plan Update
Aging and Disability Services (ADS) has updated the existing plan for 2014 and 2015. The update includes a revised budget and new and revised objectives for 2014-2015.
Following are pertinent documents:
For more information, contact ADS planner Karen Winston at email@example.com.
2012–2015 Area Plan Development
The development process for the 2012–2015 Area Plan on Aging included:
- Research and community input to inform the content,
- Public review of the draft plan, and
- State review and acceptance.
Research & Community Input
To guide the development of the plan,
- Focus on the Future Forum: Innovations for Accountable Care was held on April 6, 2011.
- Community Input - results from community survey (440 respondents) and focus groups (held at six ethnic meal sites, 173 particpants).
Following the public review process, ADS submitted the draft plan to the State Unit on Aging for their review. The plan was accepted and approved by the State in December and is effective January 1, 2012.
2008–2011 Area Plan Development
The research and public input process included for the 2008–2011 Area Plan on Aging for King County included:
For more information about the Area Plan development process, contact ADS planner Karen Winston at firstname.lastname@example.org.