Support for Veterans, Spouses, and Spouse Survivors
Aging and Disability Services offers no-cost, in-home counseling to men and women that served in the military, including their spouse and spouse survivor, aged 55+ who may be feeling down, sad, or blue.
PEARLS stands for Program to Encourage Active and Rewarding LiveS. It helps people feel better by identifying problems and working toward solutions. PEARLS counseling may be provided in addition to other veteran and non-veteran services.
PEARLS received funding from the King County Veterans and Human Services Levy. For more information, including brochures, flyers, and video stories, contact Carl Kaiser (206-386-0039).
To join the @PEARLSvets Facebook page, click here.
This program received funding from the Veterans, Seniors and Human Services Levy.
- Caregiver Support Programs:
- Disabled American Veterans
- King County Veterans Program
- Military OneSource
- PNW Veterans Coalition
- The Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Seattle Stand-Down
- Veterans and Mesothelioma (Asbestos.com)
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs
- A Veteran’s Take on Getting Older (AgeWise King County, November 2017)
- A Strong Woman—A Resilient Vet (AgeWise King County, November 2017)
- Voters overwhelmingly approve $350M King County Veterans, Seniors and Human Services Levy (Capitol Hill Seattle Blog, November 11, 2017)
- Veterans and Our Gift of Freedom (AgeWise King County, December 2016)
- VetsGO Offers “Beyond-the-Bus” Transportation Options (AgeWise King County, January 2015)
- King County Veterans and Human Services Levy 2012–2017
- Five Year Plan to End Homelessness Among Veterans in King County (King County Department of Community and Human Services, May 2011)