ADS held a community meeting on May 12, 2008 to share information and ideas on Senior Congregate and Home Delivered meal services in King County in preparation for a public investment process.
Over 50 representatives from community organizations, government agencies and service providers gathered to learn about recent studies, best practices and results from community surveys.
The meeting provided an opportunity for attendees to network for partnerships and collaborations, and to meet others interested in creating a vibrant Senior Nutrition Program in King County.
- Senior Nutrition Program Presentation
- Community Input Summary (includes highlights from 2003 analysis of Congregate Meal Program survey data by UW Nutrition students, “Rethinking Congregate Nutrition .”
- Nutrition Science to Policy Research Highlights
- Nutrition Program Overview
- Partnership Considerations
- ADS Funded Meal Sites
Science to Policy Research Papers
- Nutrition Education and the Elderly Nutrition Program , by Jennifer Tucci
- Nutritional Risk Factors for King County Elders , by Yumie Takata
- Promoting Long Term Health with High Food Quality in Elderly Nutrition Programs , by Elizabeth Knierim
For more information on the Senior Nutrition Program, or to receive updates on the RFI process, contact Terry Light @ 206-684-0699.