Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) provides checks for eligible seniors to use at Farmers Markets throughout King County. The 2013 application process opened on Monday, April 15 and closed on Friday, May 31.
Because of the limited number available, checks are distributed by a random selection process among the total applications received. All applicants will receive a letter in early July informing them of their status.
- Participating Farmers Markets (farmers markets currently authorized to accept WIC and Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program Checks)
- Other Farmers Markets (confirm in advance whether the market accepts SFMNP vouchers)
- Farmers Markets accepting EBT (Basic Food)
Eligible applicants must be:
- 60 years old or older (or 55+ for American Indian/Alaska Native), AND
- Low-income (below 185% of Federal Poverty Level)*
Applications forms for the 2013 SFMNP Program were available in 11 languages:
The following forms can be used to name a representative for the SFMNP:
For more information:
- Call Senior Information & Assistance at 206-448-3110
or (toll-free) 1-888-4-ELDERS
- Contact one of the Senior I&A programs for ethnic communities
- 2013 SFMNP flyer
*Eligibility in 2013: 185% of Federal Poverty Level is equal to ...
- $1,771 monthly income for one person
- $2,391 monthly income for two people
- For larger households, add $620 per month for each additional person