Senior Information & Assistance
Older adults in Seattle-King County can get information about a wide range of services, programs, and benefits by contacting:
- Senior Information & Assistance, operated by Senior Services: 206-448-3110 or 800-972-9990
Professional advocates will direct callers to the appropriate program or they will contact the agency on the callers' behalf. They also follow up to make sure that callers have received the help they need.
Senior Information & Assistance maintains a comprehensive list of programs and services on their website:
Residents of East King County may also contact:
- Evergreen Care Network: 425-899-3200
Informal information and assistance is available through local senior centers. For an interactive map of all senior centers in Seattle-King County, click here.
Community Information & Assistance programs provide linguistic and culturally appropriate information and assistance (I&A) services for older adults who may not be able to access services due to barriers such as language, culture or location.
- African American Elders Program: 206-328-5639 Sponsored by Catholic Community Services of Western Washington, AAEP provides I&A and case management services for African American elders in central and south Seattle and south King County. To view a short video on the program's history, click on the image below.
- Asian Counseling and Referral Services: 206-695-7600 Serves Asian and Pacific Islander elders in King County.
- Chinese Information and Service Center: 206-624-5633 Serves Chinese elders in King County.
- Jewish Family Service: 206-461-3240 Serves Eastern European immigrant elders in North Seattle and East King County.
- Latino Information and Assistance: 206-764-4700 A program of SeaMar Community Health Centers serving Spanish speaking elders throughout King County.
- Neighborhood House: 206-461-4522 Serves East African, Southeast Asian and other low-income residents of South Seattle, Tukwila and White Center, and Russian speaking elders in South King County.
- Senior Services Community I&A (multiple languages)Southeast Senior Center: (206) 722-0317 Central Area Senior Center: (206) 726-4926
Serving residents of Central and Southeast Seattle.
The Mayor's Council on African American Elders (MCAAE) is a 12 member council appointed to serve in an advisory capacity to the Mayor, City Council, and the Seattle Human Services Department in matters affecting older African Americans.
back to top