Community Information & Assistance
Community Information & Assistance programs provide linguistic and culturally appropriate information and assistance (I&A) services for older adults who may not be able to access services due to barriers such as language, culture or location.
- African American Elders Program
Phone: (206) 328-5639
Sponsored by Catholic Community Services of Western Washington, AAEP provides I&A and case management services for African American elders in central and south Seattle and south King County. To view a short video on the program's history, The Heart of Our Community, click on the image below.
- Asian Counseling and Referral Services Phone: 206-695-7600
Serves Asian and Pacific Islander elders in King County.
- Chinese Information and Service Center Phone: (206) 624-5633
Serves Chinese elders in King County.
- Jewish Family Services Phone: (206) 461-3240
Serves Eastern European immigrant elders in North Seattle and East King County.
- Latino Information and Assistance Phone: (206) 764-4700
A program of SeaMar Community Health Centers serving Spanish speaking elders throughout King County.
- Neighborhood House
Phone: (206) 461-4522
Serves East African, Southeast Asian and other low-income residents of South Seattle, Tukwila and White Center, and Russian speaking elders in South King County.
- Senior Services Community I&A (mulitple languages)Southeast Senior Center: (206) 722-0317 Central Area Senior Center: (206) 726-4926
Serving residents of Central and Southeast Seattle.
The Heart of Our Community: A Digital Story,
by Karen Winston, Aging and Disability Services, 2012.
The Mayor's Council on African American Elders (MCAAE) is a 12 member council appointed to serve in an advisory capacity to the Mayor, City Council, and the Seattle Human Services Department in matters affecting older African Americans.back to top