Aging Related Demographics for King County
- Washington State 65+ Population by County, 2000-2030. Maps show Washington's changing elder population.
- Aging and Disability Services Clients by Legislative District, 2012. Map shows heavy concentration of elders on the west side of King County.
- 2000 Census Data – OFM, Table 19: Washington State Census 2000 Population by Age, Sex, and Race/Ethnicity
- 2010-2030 Census Data – OFM, Population Age 65 and Over as a Percent of Total County Population Medium Series: History 2010, Projections 2015 to 2040
- Median Age for Counties – OFM, Forecasting Division, Postcensal Estimates of April 1 Population by Age and Sex: 2010-Precent
- King County Adults, Age 60+ and King County Adults, 60+ by Neigbhorhood. Demographic attributes (including race/ethnicity, poverty, health status and risk factors) of older adults in King County based on data from Census 2010, American Community Survey and BRFSS. Prepared by Susan Kinne, PhD., Public Health Seattle-King County and presented in February 2012 to ADS Advisory Council, and to ADS Sponsors July 2012.
- Aging Forecast Report - Seattle 's 60 and Over Population Estimates & Projections 2000 – 2011. Prepared by Lopez & Cheung, Inc. Data Source: Geolytics, Inc.
- The Area Plan on Aging includes a narrative analysis of demographic trends related to seniors and adults with disabilities in King County. Shifting Sands: Demographics in King County is an excerpt from the 2006-07 Area Plan on Aging Update.
- Communities Count - A summary report of social and health indicators across King County. ADS uses the indicators as one way to measure the impact of our programs on the social and physical well being of older adults in King County.
AAA Performance Reports
The following reports provide information on the clients we serve and the services they are using:
- Demographic Profile Reports (CPR): An aggregate summary by service area of demographic attributes of clients who received ADS funded services. The Online Client Profile Report (CPR) includes data for the current year and allows the user to query across service areas.
- Service Area Trends: Five year overview of ADS clients and units of service.
- Clients by Service Area - Includes: Meal Programs, Adult Day Health, Case Management, Respite, Information & Assistance, Legal Services, and Health Maintenance.
- Clients by Fund Source
- Case Management (CM) Clients: Total CM Clients for all fund sources; includes one year breakout of ethncity, gender and age categories.
- Legislative Reports: Map and summary of ADS funded clients by Legislative District in King County
The following resources provide population and health data at the national and local (State, County and Metropolitan Area) level.
- American Fact Finder - US Census site for population, housing, economic and geographic data. Includes fact sheets, map creation tools and data download center.
- Administration on Aging (AoA) - Statistics on the Aging Population. A collection of summary reports and statistical data regarding older adults. A Profile of Older Americans: 2012 was developed by the Administration on Aging (AoA), Administration for Community Living, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- CDC/NIHC Trends in Healthy Aging - by the Centers for Disease Control and the National Institute for Health Statisitcs (CDC/NIHC). Includes tables on trends in the health of older Americans showing data by age, sex, race and Hispanic origin.
- The Data Web - a network of online data libraries (census data, economic data, health data, income and unemployment data, population data, labor data, cancer data, crime and transportation data, family dynamics, and vital statistics).